October 31, 2018 6:19 pm
Work is in full swing at the new Kipling Mobility Hub! We made significant progress through the summer months and the project is on track for completion in 2020.
For your information, this is what is happening on site:
- Changes to Parking: The north parking lot is now closed, but customers can access 400 new, permanent spaces in the south lot off Kipling Avenue. Over the next few months you will see more activity such as excavation, utility work, foundation and tunnel work for the new terminal, and Passenger Pick Up and Drop Off renovation.
- Passenger Pick Up and Pedestrian Tunnel Changes: The temporary Passenger Pick Up and Drop Off is now open, access is available from Auckland Road.
Crews will be making additional efforts to maintain roadways adjacent to the work site. Our road maintenance plan includes:
- Using street sweepers to clear the roadway of excess dirt and debris.
- Installing gravel pads at access points to prevent trucks from tracking gravel onto the road.
- Ensuring trucks coming on site have tarped their loads.
SAFETY ON SITE
The safety of our neighbours, community and customers comes first. As this is an active construction zone, we have restricted access to the site to make sure that people are getting to and from the station safely.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
Work will happen during the day between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Later this year there may be times we need to start earlier and end later (6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.) to complete a particular activity at the site. Notice will be circulated for impacts of any major work in the future. We appreciate your patience as we complete the work necessary to bring more transit options to you.
For more information, feel free to contact Stefany Stadnyk (Stefany.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Written by Georgina CollymoreTags: Construction, Etobicoke, GO Train, Kipling, Mobility Hub, Toronto (west)
Category: Public News